Print Out this Check List to Be Lice and Nit Free!
STEP 1: Lice Treatment
- Check all household members to determine who has an infestation in their hair.
- Spray Quit Nits Preventative Spray in the clean hair of all persons that do not have an infestation.
- Apply Quit Nits Advance Lice Treatment on the dry hair of all affected persons.
- Cover hair with shower cap and let treatment work for a minimum of 4 hours. Leave product on overnight for serious infestation. Remove shower cap before sleeping.
STEP 2: Home Preparation
- Strip all beds
- Gather all pillows (both bed and furniture) in entire house that may have been used by effected persons
- Gather all hats and scarves that may have been used by effected persons
- Gather all hair clips, barrettes, pony tail holders, headbands that may have been used by effected persons
- Gather all brushes and combs in entire house
- Gather all stuffed animals that the effected person may have played or slept with
- Gather all used towels in household
STEP 3: Home Eradication
- Wash all sheets, clothing, and towels in hot water and dry on high heat setting
- Put pony tail holders and scrunchees in a laundry bag, and wash with sheets on high heat and then dry on high heat.
- Any clothing that can not be washed, put in dryer for 30 minutes
- Any clothing that can not be washed or dried, put in a sealed plastic bag for 48 hours.
- Run all pillows in dryer for 30 minutes on high heat. Pillows that can not go into the dryer, put in a sealed plastic bag and leave for 48 hours.
- Put stuffed animals in sealed plastic bags and leave for 48 hours.
- Put all headbands, clips, barrettes, non-washable hair items in a sealed plastic bag for 48 hours.
- Boil brushed and combs or soak in a high concentrated alcohol or bleach solution.
- Vacuum all beds and furniture including couches, carpets and car interior. Throw away bag when finished.