Posts Tagged ‘head lice’
Treating Head Lice can be Safe and Easy. Here’s a simple video showing the easy 3 step process for treating head lice with the scientifically proven and natural Quit Nits.
This quick reference chart demonstrates the Quitnits advantages over competitive products:
Click the image to view the full size chart.
Print Out this Check List to Be Lice and Nit Free!
STEP 1: Lice Treatment
- Check all household members to determine who has an infestation in their hair.
- Spray Quit Nits Preventative Spray in the clean hair of all persons that do not have an infestation.
- Apply Quit Nits Advance Lice Treatment on the dry hair of all affected persons.
- Cover hair with shower cap and let treatment work for a minimum of 4 hours. Leave product on overnight for serious infestation. Remove shower cap before sleeping.
STEP 2: Home Preparation
- Strip all beds
- Gather all pillows (both bed and furniture) in entire house that may have been used by effected persons
- Gather all hats and scarves that may have been used by effected persons
- Gather all hair clips, barrettes, pony tail holders, headbands that may have been used by effected persons
- Gather all brushes and combs in entire house
- Gather all stuffed animals that the effected person may have played or slept with
- Gather all used towels in household
STEP 3: Home Eradication
- Wash all sheets, clothing, and towels in hot water and dry on high heat setting
- Put pony tail holders and scrunchees in a laundry bag, and wash with sheets on high heat and then dry on high heat.
- Any clothing that can not be washed, put in dryer for 30 minutes
- Any clothing that can not be washed or dried, put in a sealed plastic bag for 48 hours.
- Run all pillows in dryer for 30 minutes on high heat. Pillows that can not go into the dryer, put in a sealed plastic bag and leave for 48 hours.
- Put stuffed animals in sealed plastic bags and leave for 48 hours.
- Put all headbands, clips, barrettes, non-washable hair items in a sealed plastic bag for 48 hours.
- Boil brushed and combs or soak in a high concentrated alcohol or bleach solution.
- Vacuum all beds and furniture including couches, carpets and car interior. Throw away bag when finished.
Questions about Quit Nits:
I have completed the treatment but I can still see live lice in the hair. What should I do?
Sometimes the treatment has not had sufficient contact time with live lice and they appear to move quite slowly. These lice are dying and should be removed with the fingernails.
I can still see eggs attached to the hair the following day. Has the treatment failed?
Not at all, the remaining ‘eggs’ or nits which are visible are either dead or empty shells. Simply remove with the fingernails.
I used Quit Nits treatment but my child came home from school re-infested two days later. Is Quit Nits safe to use again?
Quit Nits does not contain any toxic pesticides so it is safe to use as frequently as required.
The kit does not contain a bedding spray. Why not?
Head lice can only feed on a human host and must feed hourly to remain hydrated. About an hour after being separated from the host they begin to dehydrate and become ill. After 24 hours, they will die. Simply laundering and drying head scarves, hats or pillows is sufficient to kill lice. Using bedding sprays only increases you child’s exposure to pesticides.
If I’m pregnant or breastfeeding can I use your product?
Unlike pesticide based products, Quit Nits products do not contain any ingredient that is suspected of causing health problems for pregnant or nursing mothers. The products should be safe for use except in circumstances where there is a history of allergy to the active ingredients. If in doubt, consult your doctor.
Why should the cap be removed overnight when using the Advance Treatment product?
Although it is important to keep the Advance Treatment wet, it is essential to remove the shower cap from your young children to avoid risk of suffocation while sleeping.
I have used head lice treatments before and the hair was left dry and brittle. Will this happen with Quit Nits?
Quit Nits products will leave the hair soft and shiny just like a regular conditioner.