Questions about Quit Nits:
I have completed the treatment but I can still see live lice in the hair. What should I do?
Sometimes the treatment has not had sufficient contact time with live lice and they appear to move quite slowly. These lice are dying and should be removed with the fingernails.
I can still see eggs attached to the hair the following day. Has the treatment failed?
Not at all, the remaining ‘eggs’ or nits which are visible are either dead or empty shells. Simply remove with the fingernails.
I used Quit Nits treatment but my child came home from school re-infested two days later. Is Quit Nits safe to use again?
Quit Nits does not contain any toxic pesticides so it is safe to use as frequently as required.
The kit does not contain a bedding spray. Why not?
Head lice can only feed on a human host and must feed hourly to remain hydrated. About an hour after being separated from the host they begin to dehydrate and become ill. After 24 hours, they will die. Simply laundering and drying head scarves, hats or pillows is sufficient to kill lice. Using bedding sprays only increases you child’s exposure to pesticides.
If I’m pregnant or breastfeeding can I use your product?
Unlike pesticide based products, Quit Nits products do not contain any ingredient that is suspected of causing health problems for pregnant or nursing mothers. The products should be safe for use except in circumstances where there is a history of allergy to the active ingredients. If in doubt, consult your doctor.
Why should the cap be removed overnight when using the Advance Treatment product?
Although it is important to keep the Advance Treatment wet, it is essential to remove the shower cap from your young children to avoid risk of suffocation while sleeping.
I have used head lice treatments before and the hair was left dry and brittle. Will this happen with Quit Nits?
Quit Nits products will leave the hair soft and shiny just like a regular conditioner.